Sunday, April 8, 2012

hideous

every Easter i think of this orange jumpsuit dress that i wore one year to church when my mother was in her church going phase of life

i must have been about 14 and of course i didn't own a dress.  I remember once we had a mandatory chorus concert that we had to wear a dress.  Thank goodness i spent the night at a friends house and she let me borrow a skirt or i would have either been embarrassed or not gone and received a failing grade for that assignment. 

my mother took me to a local department store.  This really did stink, because my mother has zero patience for me, even less for shopping, and even less than that for crowds.  Crowded it was, the Saturday before Easter.  I don't think that i ever recall anyone taking me shopping either than a random girlfriend of my adoptive father or my dad that had an opinion on what i looked good in and what i didn't.  It is sad that it has taken 40 years to figure out how to dress my body and even now i need validation that i don't look hideous.

 Speaking of which, an orange jumpsuit dress with an orange tshirt underneath.....

No comments:

Post a Comment