Saturday, January 21, 2012

aging

My sister once said "I was going through a really tough time....it was called my twenties." 

I am knocking on the door to forty, i don't feel almost forty something.  Heck, i can remember the show thirtysomething and i thought all of THOSE people were old and dramatic.  Who knows, maybe they were, they sure didn't make thirtysomething seem fun.  I probably don't feel like a grown up because i don't have children.  I know that having a mortgage scared the crap out of me, now there is a commitment.  Ironically i have had a car payment since i was sixteen, but something about signing a 30 year mortgage brings you more in touch with your mortality.  Knowing that if it takes me 30 years to pay off this house (it better not), i will be in my sixties is a little unnerving. 

Isn't it funny how your definition of old gets older the older you get? 

No comments:

Post a Comment