Monday, January 16, 2012

the oxy moron

finding out that my uncle and sister are schizophrenic makes me wonder, was my adoptive father afflicted as well?
There is nothing better than growing up with a paranoid ex cop.  No wonder i think i am going to be abducted.  I was told from a very young age that "people" he had "put away" were getting out and might come after him or me. They would shoot my dog and take off with me.  If anything suspicious should ever happen, i had a group of people to call.  We left restaurants because people he had "put away" were there.  On more than one occasion he would back down a road and turn off the lights because he knew that someone was following him.  He had no issue with leaving me in a trailer in the middle of nowhere alone until late most nights, because "nothing was going to happen to me". 

I am not sure if he really thought these things were happening or if he was just trying to make himself seem more important.  When i was older, the paranoia was just humorous.  One time, he came into the house swearing that someone had been driving his car.  I replied "yes, someone takes your car, drives it around and parks it in the same place that you left it."  I don't think that he ever got the sarcasm of that statement.    The lady that cut his hair told him that his hair was getting darker and he was sure that i was putting Grecian formula in his shampoo.  I couldn't even drive, where exactly was i going to get Grecian formula in a town that didn't even have a stop light?  Mr. Investigator, i am probably sure you have to leave it on for longer than the amount of time that it takes for you to wash your hair. 

When you are young and really feel that this is the only person in your world, it really stinks that they were so messed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment