Monday, January 23, 2012

sarcasm

sarcasm is a passive aggressive way of dealing with emotions and people

I used to be the queen.  When you always have a snarky comment to make, then people see it as a stop sign and usually go no further in dealing with you or the situation.  Almost like the motley crue song, "don't go away mad, just go away."

It was pointed out to me once that sarcasm was a disrespectful way of dealing with people.  It is amazing how you cannot unring a bell.

I have spent my life with a wall.  My mother once told me about her wall.  Since i had no judgement of my own, i substituted her twisted view on relationships as my own.  I thought it would make me sound mysterious and insightful. 

There are people who speak of their issues to heal and people who speak of their issues to get attention.  I wanted the attention.  I spent most of my life doing and saying what i thought would be cool.  This is why i started smoking.  This is why i started drinking.  This is what i thought the wall was. This is what i thought sarcasm was.  This is why i dated the unemotional available bad boy.  This is why i never excelled in school.  Isn't it amazing how all of the things that i thought were cool, were killing me?

No comments:

Post a Comment