Monday, January 9, 2012

the narcissist

I am not sure that i would have had the strength to stop seeing Dick, but i had finally met someone new.  We had gone on a few dates and i realized that i wanted something different.  Dick finally tracked me down at work and i told him, i just couldn't do it anymore. He seemed sad.  It was odd after all of the horrible things he had ever said and done to me, that he said a few words that day and hung up.  There was no fight, no raised voices...maybe the fight had left both of us. 

Out of the frying pan into the fire i went.  I fell hard and fast for the new guy.  He opened the door for me, always brought me a rose, made me smile, and had all of the right things to say.  Bob was a narcissist to say the least and a pathological liar.  I am not sure if you could say that i believed everything that Bob told me, i just never considered it a lie.  I spent years after he left me kicking myself for all of the crazy things that i believed.  I just never know when to leave the party. 

Bob and I met at the store that i worked, he was one of my vendors.  I had met him once and honestly didn't pay that much attention to him.  One day, him and i started talking and he asked me out.  I almost cancelled at the last minute (that would have saved me lots of heartache).  We went to an okay restaurant and then stopped to play pool and have a few beers.  He knew that i was in the process of getting divorced and he told me he was as well.  He had shared custody of his son and we commiserated over being (almost) divorced. 

One night the phone rang, but it stopped before i could answer.  I saw on the caller id, it was Bob.  I tried to call back, but had to leave a message.  Then the phone rang and it was his wife, she was hysterical.  I don't even remember what she was saying, but he said that he would call me back.  I am very sure that his wife wasn't aware that they were separated or seeing other people.  This relationship broke me very quickly of seeing men that spoke to their ex daily and had children.

If they will do it with you.....they will do it to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment