Friday, January 27, 2012

Emotional boundaries

Emotional boundaries define where our feelings end and another's begins.

I have always found it very easy to substitute someone else's judgement for me own, to take on other peoples issues, feelings, etc as my own cause.  I either get engulfed in the situation or i cut and run.  As usual, i am to one extreme or another. 

I have been trying to balance these extremes.  I seem to be a little more successful these days.  It is amazing how much better i feel when i express my feelings when i feel them.  I am honest about what i can and cant give or take.  I offer my advice on situations and try not to dwell on the outcome too much....especially when it involves other people.  Sometimes i think that being codependent is more about trying to control the people and situations in your life because you feel so totally out of control.  There are also passive aggressive ways of controlling people, manipul I know that i am physically and emotionally unable to be everything to everyone.  Sometimes, it isnt about just being able to say no to people.  I am notorious for offering my own assistance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment