Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OCD

Doubters and sinners are afraid that if everything isn’t perfect or done just right something terrible will happen or they will be punished

Counters and arrangers are obsessed with order and symmetry. They may have superstitions about certain numbers, colors, or arrangements

These are two symptoms of OCD.  Thankfully, i am not a checker, washer, or a hoarder. 

When i was a preteen i became obsessed with counting.  I would continually count my fingers (as if the number would change).  I would add together any collection of numbers and thought if the sum was 9 then it was good luck. 

I remember once my mother had a horse and i would just let it out and walk it around.  I don't remember anyone being home to tell me not to or maybe they just didn't notice.  I had pushed the horse to make it move and then it stepped on my foot (which hurt).  I then made a connection between perfection (good vs bad deeds) and punishment.  It is probably where the concept of the other shoe came from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment