Tuesday, January 17, 2012

perception

One of the traits of a Narcissist is the inability to view the world from the perspective of other people.  Wikipedia was so kind to point out that co dependents are naturally attracted to Narcissists. 

If someone who tells you that they love you cannot and will not acknowledge your perspective, most of the time you think that you are crazy and that you are perceiving things that arent actually real.  I have learned to disregard my point of view and therefore my feelings. 

I cannot discern people that say they love me with people that actually love me.  My adoptive father said that he loved me, but projected most of his feelings of inadequacy onto me.  I feel as though he wanted me to suffer as much as he did/was. My mother said that she loved me, but i felt mostly an inconvience for her and an object of her anger.  I spent a lot of my life trying to figure out and fix what was wrong with me to make people treat me badly.  I still am, but i have gotten better about pointing out inappropriate behaivor. 

It is ironic, i would never allow a stranger to say or do the things to me that someone who said they loved me have done. 

I will not allow anyone in my life to tell me that my perspective or feelings are wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment