Sunday, May 12, 2013

Forgiveness

Forgive, it is one of the greatest gifts you can give to yourself. Forgive everybody, just forgive it.  I remind you that we ask the creator to forgive,  our stupidiest actions, our cruelest mean, mean hearted things, forgive me.  You forgive and it relieves you.  It relieves you from carrying that resentment.  You really are lighter, you just drop that.  Then you are free to have some ambition of some sort.  The biggest liberator is love, but actually it is forgiveness.  You can't forgive without love, i don't mean mush, i mean having enough courage and say i forgive, i am finished with it.  I had to think of what i had done to other people and see how i had been forgiven.  Whatever i have done, i have been forgiven.  I have to get (at least) to a place where i can forgive.  I don't forget and i will not put myself in a place where that can be done to me again, but i understand.
Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment