Wednesday, May 1, 2013

multitasking

i am not a good multitasker, even though i seem to do it a lot....i think it is just my ADD. 

i know that i am unable to talk on my cellphone and be a good driver.  i wish other people would be as realistic about their ability to drive and talk on the phone at the same time.  what really scares me is the people who are smoking a cigarette with one hand and talking on the phone with the other.  i don't get people and their need to be entertained all of the time.  i see it often, the minute someone gets in their car, they pull out their phone and start dialing.  i am so glad that i have bluetooth and no one can really hear me, so they don't talk long, so i use it often....LOL.  I am sure that i am missing something on NPR or oprah and people calling me is just wasting my alone time, so i just let the bluetooth annoy them so they will hang up. 

i have really gotten into looking at the local mugshots online.  i saw a guy i went to high school who was arrested for driving under suspension.  life has not been kind to him, but he did crack me up with his defiant looking mugshot, he had his head tilted back....either that or he was trying to disguise his double chin (it didn't work). 

my dad went out to his shop and the automatic garage door wouldn't open.  he was carrying his gun, so he just pulled it out and emptied the magazine into the door opener.  then to add insult to injury the door wouldn't open when he pulled the rope to disengage it from the opener, so he just drove his tractor through it (which i am finding quite hilarious now).  the guy came out today to install a new opener and i guess a new garage door, he is a vietnam vet and suffers from PTSD.  he is going to put the opener in his store, i imagine it will be a great conversation starter. 

it is too frigging warm here today, but tomorrow it is suppose to be cold and rainy.  i cannot wait, i love it when the weather is like that, i think it is because it fits my mood. 

today, i had an office assistant.  robert had to bring his cat and dog to work because they were spraying his apartment.  poor cat, we call him patches because someone poured Nair on him.  thankfully, his hair is growing back nicely and he just loves to curl up on the desk and help me send emails.  robert was concerned about how he was doing alone in the office, i opened the door to show him and patches was curled up on my chair.  this is the great thing about my job. 

i had horrible dreams last night.  i read this book about multiple personality disorders this weekend, it was really good.  it was written like a memoir and the gentleman ended the book with 24 different personalities, all stemming from abuse.  i really don't remember much of my childhood before moving from california and it always made me wonder if i was blocking something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment